Latest News & Events View older posts
The Melon Vine Food Store is located in Green River Utah and gets it's name from the famous Green River Melons.
In September of 1983, Duane and Penney Riches purchased The Melon Vine Food Store and set out on establishing a connection with their community. We have always been a big supporter of the High School and Elementary while also supporting all of the local organizations in Green River.
In fact, We have been known to throw a town picnic from time to time. Typically we serve Beef Roast slow cooked in Dutch ovens, salads, rolls and dessert to everyone that comes. These events even include rides for the kids, even the ones that are in there eighties! If that wasn't enough, prizes and games top it off and make it a great time to get together and visit your neighbor. We gather at the city park and have a blast.
In 2003 we built on to the store and tripled the square footage, from 5,000 square feet to 15,000 square ft. bringing a great new and modern store to our town.
Our store includes:
- Fresh cut meats from our butcher
- Fresh produce
- In store bakery and deli, with homemade lunch specials
- Balloons and floral
- Grocery, deli, frozen and dairy departments
- We have the most helpful and awesome employees, and our customer service department is ready to help with whatever you need.
- Travelers are always amazed that we offer such fresh product and so many items for such a small town.